What is Spam?
Spam/Junk Email refers to commercial mail that is unwanted or not needed by recipients, especially when sent in bulk. The mail is classified as unwanted because the recipient has not given permission for the mail, and permission could be in the form of a verification message.
Bulk means that the email is sent to a large number of recipients. Spamming refers to any kind of transmission, distribution, or delivery of unwanted commercial emails in large numbers through electronic communication media.
An electronic message is categorized as 'spam' if:
- The recipient's personal identity is irrelevant to the content inside the mail because the mail is also sent to many other recipients.
- The recipient has not verified any actions related to driving the sending of mails explicitly.
Email marketing tools like mailtarget have the ability to secure a white-listed status as an Internet Service Provider. Therefore, we take the issue of spam seriously.
There are certain things that are not allowed in mailtarget related to email lists:
- The delivery of emails to recipients who have not given you permission to send emails.
- Using email lists obtained from buying, renting, leasing, or any means obtained from third parties.
- Using email lists obtained from public data available online. Just because someone publishes their email address does not mean they want to receive email from you.
- If you have not made contact with them within the last 2 years, the email list should not be used. This is because these people may have changed their email address and, most importantly, they will not remember giving you permission to send email.
- If there is something you want to do but are unsure whether it is allowed or not, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you.
Do not use mailtarget to send anything offensive, advertise or promote illegal items, or engage in any form of violence.
You are not allowed to send emails in the form of:
- Offensive content.
- Advertisements or promotions of illegal items.
- Content promoting violence.
To maintain the credibility of our performance, we will not cooperate with industries that have a higher-than-average number of harassment complaints.
- Postal Address Users must provide correct and accurate postal addresses that will be included in each email footer. Users must maintain and promptly update this data to ensure that the information used is complete and accurate. mailtarget will actively monitor all messages sent to verify that the sender information included in the message body is appropriate.
- Gambling Each submitted email must include an unsubscribe/opt-out link at the bottom of the message to actively update your subscriber list and avoid the possibility of sending unwanted emails to unsubscribed visitors. This unsubscribe link cannot be deleted or removed. mailtarget will automatically handle all unsubscribe requests on behalf of the customer.
- Double-opt in Tools We provide tools needed by customers to create a double opt-in list.
- Import Email List All imported email lists will be verified and tracked by our team. This is to prevent the inclusion of any third-party email addresses. Before importing an email list, make sure you have no non-specific addresses, such as [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], or any other similar addresses.
- Monitoring All email submission activities are monitored by our experienced team, and if we find that you are emailing people without their permission, we will immediately close your account.
- Violations and consequences If there are any violations of the above provisions, the following actions may be taken as punishment:
- Deactivation of your account.
- No refund of any fees that have been paid in advance.
- Request compensation if your spamming activity causes any disruption to our services for other customers.
- Initiate legal action against you.
If the complaint is regarding the sender's account, we will send a warning email to the account and if there are further complaints even after we have sent a warning email, the account will be suspended by our team.
Note: We do not make arbitrary decisions. We will investigate all sample messages that potentially qualify as spam before making a final decision.
mailtarget is only for businesses and organizations that already have opt-in email lists based on permissions from customers. We provide our products only to those who follow the rules. We have zero tolerance for violating our Anti-Spam Policy.